Mesa Webforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mesa Webforum

General Information for RIT MESA

3 posters

MESA website

asif
    asif

MESA website Empty MESA website

Post  asif Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:50 am

gib info plox. I need, at the very least, a logo and the google calender you said you were using.
    JamesM
    JamesM

MESA website Empty Re: MESA website

Post  JamesM Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:33 pm

asif wrote:gib info plox. I need, at the very least, a logo and the google calender you said you were using.

Just sent you an email with some logos. I also sent out an email on 9/25 with directions on how to log into the MESA gmail account (we'll be using the MESA RIT Calendar).
    asif
    asif

Post  asif Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:23 pm

Had some free time today. Did a quick layout of the site. It's all in grayscale, deal with it >Very Happy
    MESA website Mesa_a12

Keep in mind this is a concept page, if someone has an idea of how they envision the layout then PLEASE PLEASE reply. I'm shooting in the dark here.
    mattfilmer
    mattfilmer

Post  mattfilmer Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:09 am

I like it
    JamesM
    JamesM

Post  JamesM Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:37 pm

I like it too! Good work Smile Obviously on the real site there won't be any profanity, but I think the template is solid. We'll bring it up at the first meeting Winter quarter, so try to finalize what you want before then.
    asif
    asif

Post  asif Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:24 am

Sorry for not being able to attend the last meeting (could someone post what happened?) but I am happy to announce that we could launch A site. After trying to build a site from scratch all of fall break, I came to a monumental discovery. I suck at programming o.o
    But that is no excuse for dropping the webmaster position (If I don't do it, no one will). So rather than trying to build a big fancy site from scratch, I decided to work from a free template. After a little looking around, I found one that suits our needs and fits in to the style that I feel we are trying to have come across. Attached are two pictures of functioning webpages.

MESA website Captur10MESA website Cap1tu10
    JamesM
    JamesM

Post  JamesM Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:02 pm

I like that a lot. Looks really good! Free templates are the way to go. If you do need help with programming stuff I could help. As for the meeting, we talked about Holiday wafers, T-shirt designs, website, & future plans. If you've been keeping up with the emails you should be fairly current.

I would like to get a site up quick, as I am wanting to get MESA some sponsors, but we need a website to show them off first. If you're free this Saturday and can help out with the holiday wafer packaging stuff, we could set something up real quick for the site. I could temporarily host it and give you access to edit it and whatnot. We'll talk more about this later.
    asif
    asif

Post  asif Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:35 am

as it stands now, the site just needs content, if you could give me the walls of text (content) I can stick it on the site and we can toss it on any old web server and call it a day.
    JamesM
    JamesM

Post  JamesM Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:10 am

Sounds good. I'll be working on some stuff and get back to you when it's all ready.
    JamesM
    JamesM

MESA website Empty Domain name aquired!

Post  JamesM Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:30 pm

We now have a way to host our site. It will be hosted by RIT. The URL is http://www.rit.edu/kgcoe/mesa/.

Today, in our meeting, we will being work on the site. The goal would be to finish the website before Imagine RIT. The only way this will happen is if we work as a team to fill in all of the content needed.
    JamesM
    JamesM

Post  JamesM Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:43 pm

@Asif can you send me the template files for the website?
    asif
    asif

Post  asif Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:33 am

Bumping for interest. What needs to be done and what would you like me to do?
    JamesM
    JamesM

Post  JamesM Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:59 am

asif wrote:Bumping for interest. What needs to be done and what would you like me to do?

I'll get back to you on this either tomorrow or Saturday morning. If I don't reply by noon on Saturday send me an email / txt / call me to remind me.
    JamesM
    JamesM

Post  JamesM Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Stuff to do:

1) Remove that questionable section from all of the pages

2) Finish Calendar page
    In the banner section just write something about how this is the calendar page, below is MESA's calendar, you can scroll through to see all acive events, blah blah blah. Something like that. Maybe put a picture in there. Regardless we just need something to fill in that space. Be creative!

3) Gallery page:
    This is how I envision it:
    a) Banner defaults to the newest gallery (this will be a manual update, no need to go crazy with the code), with a splash image and scrolls in a similar manner as with the homepage. Maybe this one will have thumbnails. If a user clicks on a picture it opens up the larger image of it.
    b) Those 6 "galleries" down below will function as albums for each set of images. Clicking on the button will open up a nearly identical page, with the banner adjusted to contain only the images of that gallery and with all of the images in the gallery displayed in medium-sized thumbnails. Once again clicking on an image would enlarge it.

What I would like for you to do on this page:
    Create a page as described in 3.b). For now don't worry about the javascript, just do the layout. We will need some text, somewhere to briefly describe the images. Maybe have a caption under each thumbnail?

4) Contact Us page:
    Make it such that the form works. Update the contact info to just say Microelectronic Engineering Student Association (MESA) and then only give out the email address. Remove the phone number field in the form.

5) Projects page:
    No idea how I want this to look like. All I know is that it should contain information about each project that is occurring. Ideas?

6) About page:
    I'll take care of this. It will just be a this is what MESA and MicroE are page. Shouldn't be too bad.

7) Update links at the bottom of the page, such that they actually work

8 ) Home page:
    Now that the menu is gone on the right, we should lay things out better. All centered underneath the banner in a line from left to right we should have: What is MESA? ; Current Project ; Past Projects. This will make it easier to read and remove a lot of the white space. A similar format should be used on the About page and probably the Projects page too. Should be straight forward, just 3 divs, left, center, and right or something.
    asif
    asif

Post  asif Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:55 pm

Now to prioritize and create deadlines. By when do you need X page complete? Subtract a week from that. That is the deadline for the page.
    JamesM
    JamesM

Post  JamesM Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:21 pm

Ideally, the entire site will be finished before imagine (5/4). That being said if only items 1 - 4 below get finished I would be happy.

#1 priority - finish contact page
    #2 fix layout for all of the pages (the three columns on one row)
    #3 about page
    #4 links on footer
    #5 calendar banner fix
    #6 gallery
    asif
    asif

Post  asif Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:19 am

bump for updates
    JamesM
    JamesM

Post  JamesM Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:02 pm

No need to ask for updates, when the previous set of work still needs to be completed. Just looked at the site, I don't see any changes to it..
    asif
    asif

Post  asif Tue May 01, 2012 6:25 am

I would really like to work locally with you on the website. What times are you available this week? I am generally available at all times after 6pm and sometimes before 1pm
    JamesM
    JamesM

Post  JamesM Tue May 01, 2012 9:22 am

I can do tonight at 7 and probably Thursday at 7. Send me a txt to confirm your availability. We can meet at my apartment, I'm assuming you have a laptop?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:22 am